Full-stack web Developer.
WHO IS JOEL?
I started my love for technology when I was young, owning my first computer at the age of 9. I
started playing simple web-browser java games, then eventually branched off into more advanced
games such as MMORPGs. This solidified my love for computers, games, and how it all worked.
I decided to start my hobby in I.T pretty soon after playing my first MMORPG. I started by learning Java. It's a simple language, with memory management handled for the programmer, and has clean and easy to follow documentation. I ended up creating a few scripts for a bot for a video game (Powerbot). I ended up selling a few of these and made some nice money at the age of 15. I stuck with Java for far too long, the ease of use of the language just kept me hooked. However after a few years I realised it wasn't the best language for my passion; Video Games.
In 2013 I started my journey at University at QUT - studying a Bachelor of Games & Interactive Entertainment, majoring in Software Technologies. This course has taught me a lot, from how to design a mobile application, to coding in Python, C#, C++, and further extending my knowledge of Java.
Sole project manager and developer of all internal and external web applications & systems
- Lead developer and head R&D of a major online franchising platform used by large scale companies
- Developed and maintained in-house CMS solutions, web applications, and automation.
- Project manager and sole developer of custom user portal, offering clients access to live internet usage data & invoices 24/7.
- Responsible for daily checks on large oprtional network to identify and report faults
07/15 - 11/15
Junior Front-End Web Developer
Junior web developer responsible for transferring designs from photoshop to live responsive prototypes.
- Continual review and optimization of MySQL database to allow for on-going stability and scalability
- Trained new clients to set up profiles effectively to promote applicants
07/15 - 12/15
Technical Support Analyst
Responsible for level 1 technical support for customers having issues. These issues varied in difficulity - from the basic email password reset, to the more complicated LAN issues such as DHCP / PPPoE / Satellite connection issues.
- Conducted numerous troubleshooting activities to collect data in order to lodge faults with upstream providers
- Provided general technical advice for equipment & configurations on client networks
2013 - 2017
Bachelor of I.T
Computer Science major. 5.8/7.0 GPA
Intermediate speaking & writing.